China’s Exim Bank announced plans to team up with Morocco’s Attijariwafa Bank to create a $5 billion fund to promote African exports to China and to establish new industrial zones on the continent, according to a report published by Reuters.
- The fund will invest in the 25 countries, including 14 in Africa, where Attijariwafa Bank operates.
- The deal was signed on the sidelines of China’s International Import Exposition that’s currently underway in Shanghai.
- Get a daily email packed with the latest China-Africa news and analysis.
- Read exclusive insights on the key trends shaping China-Africa relations.
- Full access to the News Feed that provides daily updates on Chinese engagement in Africa and throughout the Global South.