Oxford Economics’ annual African investment risk assessment report is a useful companion with the EY Attractiveness report to evaluate foreign investment trends in Africa, albeit not specifically focused on China.
Three Recommendations From This Year’s Risk-Reward Index:
- Do not get carried away by enthusiastic reform promises by assuming that reform-minded strong-man leaders can push their way through free of any constraints.
- Have a closer look at the potential opportunities brought by closer intra-African cooperation.
- Keep an eye on how increasing multi-polar geopolitical competition across the continent is shaping domestic political dynamics and the business landscape.
For some analysis of the report, including commentary on the Chinese role in African FDI, don’t miss Sasha Planting’s column in yesterday’s Daily Maverick newspaper in South Africa: “Africa is open for business” or you can download a full copy of the report after registering on the Oxford Economics website.
- Get a daily email packed with the latest China-Africa news and analysis.
- Read exclusive insights on the key trends shaping China-Africa relations.
- Full access to the News Feed that provides daily updates on Chinese engagement in Africa and throughout the Global South.